How much does it cost to rent a helicopter in India
Every day we get lots of query of people asking us about helicopter charter Cost in India and on what factors it depends. So today we are writing this blog post to explain primary factors on which cost of renting a charter helicopter depends.
Factors that primarily affect the cost of renting a charter helicopter are
- Type of helicopter:Selecting the right kind of helicopter for the flight is very important in order to complete the flight in cost effective and efficient manner. Hourly rent of helicopter are calculated on per hour basis and can vary from about Rs. 65000 per hour for the Bell 206 Helicopter to Rs. 3,75,000 per hour for top of the line Multi engine turbine Helicopter. Usually a minimum charge of 2(two) hours per day is charged.
- Airport and Handling Charges: Most of the Airports in India levy Landing and Handling charges on Helicopters operating out of them. Usually a single landing at Delhi Airport cost about Rs. 30,000. But in case you are flying out of some small airport these charges will be much lower.
- Day waiting time:Usually helicopter operators don’t charge for waiting up to 2 to 3 hours but in case waiting time is more than that, waiting charge of Rs. 20,000 up to Rs. 50,000 is levied depending on type of aircraft, number of crew, location of the helicopter etc. This charge is levied to take care of the expense for logging, boarding and transportation of the crew.
- Night Halt:This charge is levied to take care of the expense for lodging, boarding and transportation of the crew and depend on Number of crew and Location.
- Fuel Transportation: As per government regulation helicopter are required to carry fuel for estimated flying time + 45 minutes in order to successfully complete the flight in case of any delay or diversion. However with capacity to carry limited, it may be required to transport the fuel, necessary equipment and engineer by road. The cost of this is passed on to the costumer.
- Helipad Survey:Helicopter has this unique ability to Land and operate from almost any ware. But due to government regulations and safety reason it is necessary for the helicopter operator to survey the helipad that is not a licensed heliport to in order to confirm if the helipad is fit for the type of helicopter operation and have necessary infrastructure like fire fighting equipment and medical facility. The cost of this is usually passed on to the costumer.
Apart from the charges mentioned above they may be few more charges depending on the nature of the flight.
We at Charter Plus always keep our pricing transparent and clear and always strive to offer our esteemed clients best services and prices.
You can book a helicopter charter flight with us just by calling us +91-9069-118-108 or You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org